6th Form – IB Diploma Programme
Europa offers a broad curriculum International Baccalaureate diploma with an emphasis on languages
Europa School UK is an accredited school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
The school is committed to offering a broad curriculum up to the age of 18/19 for all our students with compulsory study of English, mathematics, science, languages and humanities.
Our bilingual model, unique in the region, offers students the scope to explore advanced language learning and studying subjects through other languages but is also accessible to students with a good GCSE in French, German or Spanish.
Please get in touch with us via the contact form below if you would like to discuss studying with us next academic year.
Students will be able to enter the IB programme provided that:
- They show a strong academic potential through their Year 11 exams or GCSE equivalents, with a minimum entry requirement of at least five Grades 5 to 9 or equivalent, including Mathematics and English Language. Grade 7 required for the Higher Level courses.
- They have been promoted from Year 11 to Year 12 or from an equivalent year group in another country
- They have a sufficient French, German or Spanish level to do the Group 2 Language B Standard Level *
- They have a sufficient level of English to do the Group 1 Higher or Standard Level English course.
- They have a sufficient level of English to follow the English subjects (B2). More information can be found in this document.
- They show maturity and motivation in their application letter
*Should we have sufficient interest to offer another language in group A or B (e.g. Polish or Italian), we would be happy to look into it, so please don’t hesitate to contact us to register your interest. At any rate, Polish and Italian are available as a self-taught language A Standard level group. For other languages – please get in touch.
There will be a number of entry tests. These tests are to make sure that the student can follow the curriculum and achieve the IB. These tests are explicitly not aimed at discouraging students from applying. Students should not have to prepare for these tests, other than being rested and ready to sit them. This year, they will be taken from home, supervised via a google meet.
1. English as Foreign language speakers: B2 Level tests for IB – English
For English as a Foreign language speaker, you can assess your level here. The tests itself will consist of a section on grammar, reading comprehension and listening comprehension.
2. English language A.
Candidates will be asked to write a response to either an unseen literary or non-literary text.
3. Second language (Language A or B). An example of each language will be uploaded here shortly.
- Spanish LangB test
- German LangB reading comprehension text.
- German LangB Test
- French LangB reading comprehension text.
- French LangB A french written task: you will be asked to write 150/200 words on a subject.
4. Maths. You can find an example maths test here.
Frequently Asked Questions