Find out how to apply for a place for Year 1 to Year 6 for September 2020 or later in the year.
We have 3 classes in Year 1 to Year 5 for the school year September 2020 and in all primary classes for school year 2021-22. Each class is taught in English for 2.5 days and the other half in either French, German or Spanish with another teacher. For year 5 and 6, there are 2 classes, with only French or German as second language. as the Spanish stream started later and is still growing.
In general our primary classes tend to be full, so places can be offered only when a child leaves the school. In general more places are available at the end of the school year, but applications can be submitted at any time. When a place becomes available we offer it as soon as possible to the applicant with the highest ranking according to our admissions policy.
Please fill in an application form on the website of the county council to add your child’s name to the continued interest list* for that school year and add your name to our mailing list so we can get quickly in touch about the language if an offer can be made.
*If you apply for the school and are initially unsuccessful, you may request that the county council holds your details on a continued interest list and we would then inform you if a place becomes available for your child. Please remember to apply for each subsequent school year around the beginning of June of each year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out how to apply for Reception class starting in 2020 or subsequent years.
Europa School UK is part of Oxfordshire County Council’s admissions round for 2020 and for subsequent years.
We admit 90 pupils per year for three classes in Reception. One learning through French and English, the second through German and English and through Spanish and English. In the UK a child starts in Reception the September after their 4th birthday.
Before you apply, we request that you consider very carefully the long-term, whole-family commitment involved. We encourage you to look closely at our curriculum and find out more about becoming bilingual. Learning in two languages is a wonderful opportunity but it will be hard work and needs your full commitment.
Applications can usually be submitted from around October of the year before on the website of the county council.
Kiddylinguistics: even though the nursery is located on school premises, it is an independent organisation and attendance does not give any priority for entry to the school. Please refer to our admissions policy for information on our oversubscription criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
- November 2020 – Parents can start to apply here: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents/schools/apply-school-place/infant-and-primary-school
- 15 January 2021 – closing date for applications on the website of the county council
- 16 April 2021 – National Allocation Day: letters (sent by second class post) and emails sent detailing the offer of a school place. If the answer is negative, please make sure to tell the county council that you wish to remain on our continued interest list for round 2. (Usually you can do this via the portal that you used to apply for a school place).
- The school will receive a list from the county council with the first and second language preference. We will confirm everyone’s language allocation before the deadline the beginning of May. NB Check your spam e-mail regularly, in case our e-mails are sent there.
- 4 May 2021 – deadline for submitting response form, continued interest forms, late applications and changes of preference
- 10 June 2021 – second allocation round: This will include all late applications and those that requested to be on our continued interest list. We usually have some places for this round.
- 25 June: Last date to respond to offers on 10 June.
Last date for change of preference for offers on 10 June
Last date to be added to the continued interest list for offers made 10 June.
- End of year – introduction, hopefully “live”
- Summer – We will send login details to the parent portal to those who accepted the place, so you can check that all details, like the name of your child, are correct before we print any labels – as soon as we receive the list from the county council with whom has accepted the place
- September 2021 – start of the school year: the children will have 2 mornings or one morning and 1 afternoon the first week, so they have the opportunity to settle in properly before starting full days.
It is full of practical information about school life, so be sure to read it please. It will be updated for next school year, but most of the information will still be relevant.
Every child in keystage 1 (Reception included) will be entitled to a free school dinner. We will send out more information on the menus before the end of the summer holidays. We need to inform the catering company of numbers, so please let us know if your child will not make use of them. It is important for the school to know, as we will only get refunded for the actual meals consumed. There is always a vegetarian option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enquiries: The Europa School UK is its own admissions authority. To confirm whether your child is on our continued interest list or to discuss the prospects of obtaining a place, please contact the school and not Oxfordshire County Council.
If you have any queries, please contact us via the contact form below. This will not add you to our mailing list. If you wish to be notified of key dates, you can add your name to our mailing list. During term time holiday periods the school is closed. During the summer holidays, the admissions team will check emails regularly, but please expect a delay.