For visitor information, please scroll down.
Contacts Parent-Run school buses:
- BLOC: www.blocbus.org
- Jon Alcantara – CBC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- school: Please fill in this form for changes for Reception up to and including year 3: https://goo.gl/forms/X3cKxSJ9SHjzOaOG3 (Not required if absent on the day).
Before informing the school of your child’s routine, make sure you sign up for a school place with the above-mentioned bus coordinators. You need to inform the school after you have booked a place with the coordinators:
There are 2 bus organisations, both run and organised by parents themselves. The school does not receive any public funding to run buses. The school tries to help parents by providing supervision from the moment the bus arrives at school in the morning and after school until the child is handed over to the bus driver. In order to make sure a child goes on the correct bus (there are 11 at the moment), the school prints of a daily bus list for the younger pupils. Please check the schedule in SchoolBase in the menu you can access from the left.
OCC fares – Application for Spare Seats Scheme 2019
Residents of the following villages are eligible to apply for full-time OCC passes at the following prices:
Sutton Courtenay, Appleford, Milton, Steventon, Long Wittenham, Dorchester, Berinsfield, Burcot, Clifton Hampden
Under 3 miles from home to school £370.64 per annum £123.55 per term
3 miles and over from home to school £690.72 per annum £230.24 per term
Current bus routes:
- Route bus 1 (Bloc) – Boundary House, Botley, Summertown, North Oxford
- Route bus 2 (Bloc) – Bayswater Rd, Headington, Iffley Rd, Sandford/Thames, ESUK
- Route bus 3 (Bloc) – Binsley Lane, Cumnor, Wootton, Abingdon
- Route bus 4 (Bloc) – Abingdon, Radley, Kennington, South Oxford
- Route bus 5 (CBC) – Chilton, Didcot, Ladygrove, Appleford
- Route bus 6 (CBC) – Southmoor, Marcham, South Abingdon, Drayton, Milton, Sutton Courtenay
- Route bus 7 (CBC) – Tilehurst, Goring, Crowmarsh, Benson, Shillingford, Dorchester, Berinsfield
- Route bus 8 (CBC) – Grove, Wantage, Ardington, East Hendred, Steventon, Drayton
- Route bus 9 (CBC) – Cholsey, Wallingford, Brightwell, Long Wittenham
- Route bus 10 (CBC) – Forest Hill, Wheatley, Horspath, Garsington, Blackbird Leys, Berinsfield, Drayton St Leonard, Burcot, Clifton Hampden
- Route bus 11 (Bloc) – Marston, Cowley Rd, Littlemore, Nuneham Courtenay, ESUK
- Route bus 12 (CBC) – Grove, Milton, Sutton Courtenay (mornings only, pupils take bus 6 in the afternoon)
- Wednesday lunchtime buses
Please consider whether your child is sufficiently mature to be on the bus. Often the bus driver is the only monitor, so the child has to stay in his or her seat with a seat-belt on and follow the bus driver’s instructions. For very young children, the days may be too long and they may become too tired for learning during the school days. Some young children cope fine though, so the school leaves it up to the discretion of the parents. The school provides supervision until the children go into the bus. There are currently 120 children from Reception to year 2 taking the bus, so it’s busy. For this age group, please do NOT change the weekly routine.
In the mornings, there is supervision on the playground, but the children have to walk from the bus to the playground unsupervised, so the children need to be trusted to go directly to the playground. Staff does not check the bus when it arrives.
Reception: please consider allowing your child to settle into school for a term before signing up for the afternoon bus. They stay 45 minutes longer at school than their class mates, and children that age are very tired at the end of the school day.
For all pupils, please notify the school office of your child’s regular bus routine. For younger pupils, do not deviate from this routine apart from in the case of emergencies. With 11 buses full of pupils, the risk for errors is just too great. There is more flexibility from year 4 onward, when children are more mature. If this is too difficult, please consider alternative arrangements. In total we have now over 300 children taking the bus, so it is very busy at the end of the day.
It is important to inform the school office as soon as possible, with 2 days notice, of any changes in the bus routine. Do not just tell the teacher or leave a note, but fill in the online form and phone the school to check on the day itself (for Reception up to and including year 3).
If you inform the school on the day, this means we have to interrupt the class to let the teacher know. Teachers do NOT generally read their emails during the day. We will only interrupt classes for emergencies. Please choose a weekly routine and don’t deviate from it for the younger children, as they end up confused and upset.
If there is any doubt, the school will keep a child at school.
Contact details parent-run bus companies:
- Buses number 1, 2a, 11, 3, 4 and 10 are run by Charlton: 01865 331249
- Buses number 5, 6, 8, 9 and 12 are run by: Heyfordian 01869 241500
- Bus number 7 is run by Horseman: 01189 753 811
Free School Transport provided by the county council.
To check whether your child is eligible, please go here: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/free-home-school-transport
Please click on the title to open a document.
There is a small train station at about a 15 minute walk from the school. Please check the time carefully though, as there are not many trains stopping. For more information see: