Find out how to apply for a place for Year 1 to Year 6 for September 2020 or later in the year.
We have 3 classes in Year 1 to Year 4 for September 2019. Each class is taught in English for 2.5 days and the other half in either French, German or Spanish with another teacher. For year 5 and 6, there are 2 classes, with only French or German as second language.
In general our primary classes tend to be full, so places can be offered only when a child leaves the school. In general more places are available at the end of the school year, but applications can be submitted at any time. When a place becomes available we offer it as soon as possible to the applicant with the highest ranking according to our admissions policy.
Please fill in an application form on the website of the county council to add your child’s name to the continued interest list* and add your name to our mailing list so we can get quickly in touch about the language if an offer can be made.
*If you apply for the school and are initially unsuccessful, you may request that the county council holds your details on a continued interest list and we would then inform you if a place becomes available for your child. Please remember to apply for each subsequent school year around the beginning of June of each year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out how to apply for Reception class starting in 2020 or subsequent years.
Europa School UK is part of Oxfordshire County Council’s admissions round for 2020 and for subsequent years.
We admit 90 pupils per year for three classes in Reception. One learning through French and English, the second through German and English and through Spanish and English. In the UK a child starts in Reception the September after their 4th birthday.
Before you apply, we request that you consider very carefully the long-term, whole-family commitment involved. We encourage you to look closely at our curriculum and find out more about becoming bilingual. Learning in two languages is a wonderful opportunity but it will be hard work and needs your full commitment.
Applications can usually be submitted from around October of the year before on the website of the county council.
Kiddylinguistics: even though the nursery is located on school premises, it is an independent organisation and attendance does not give any priority for entry to the school. Please refer to our admissions policy for information on our oversubscription criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 15 January 2019 – closing date for applications on the website of the county council
- 16 April 2019 – National Allocation Day: letters (sent by second class post) and emails sent detailing the offer of a school place. If the answer is negative, please make sure to tell the county council that you wish to remain on our continued interest list for round 2. (Usually you can do this via the portal that you used to apply for a school place).
- The school will send those offered a place an e-mail asking for 1st and 2nd language preference. We aim to enter everyone in our database and send an email to you at the latest Wednesday 24 April. NB Check your spam e-mail regularly, in case our e-mails are sent there. We will ask you to return your answer by Monday 30 April at the latest, so we can confirms everyone’s language before the deadline the beginning of May.
- Beginning of May 2018 – deadline for submitting response form, continued interest forms, late applications and changes of preference
- 12 June 2019 – second allocation round: This will include all late applications and those that requested to be on our continued interest list. We usually have some places for this round.
- The week of 25 June: several “meet the teacher” sessions for parents and children – more details will be sent out by e-mail closer to the date.
- 29 June 2019 – Come visit the school for our Summer Fete! – 11.00-16.00
- Summer – We will send login details to the parent portal to those who accepted the place, so you can check that all details, like the name of your child, are correct before we print any labels – as soon as we receive the list from the county council with whom has accepted the place (this can take some time)
- September 2019 – start of the school year: further information to follow, but the children will have 2 mornings or one morning and 1 afternoon the first week, so they have the opportunity to settle in properly before starting full days.
We will update the parent handbook for the coming year, but in the meantime, the one of 2018-19 should be fairly accurate. It is full of practical information about school life, so be sure to read it please.
Every child in keystage 1 (Reception included) will be entitled to a free school dinner. We will send out more information on the menus before the end of the summer holidays. We need to inform the catering company of numbers, so please let us know if your child will not make use of them by returning the e-mail you will receive. It is important for the school to know, as we will only get refunded for the actual meals consumed. There is always a vegetarian option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enquiries: The Europa School UK is its own admissions authority. To confirm whether your child is on our continued interest list or to discuss the prospects of obtaining a place, please contact the school and not Oxfordshire County Council.
If you have any queries, please contact us via the contact form below. This will not add you to our mailing list. If you wish to be notified of key dates, you can add your name to our mailing list.