Science in Oxfordshire
Our school loves science and we hope and believe that our parents do too, so this page will be dedicated to assemble information and ideas for science trips for both the school and the parents in the school holidays. If you feel anything is missing, please send an e-mail to the office!
- Every year: Hour of Code event
- Science Oxford - organises events, activities and workshops
- Harcourt Arboretum - the best collection of trees in Oxfordshire with some good ones to climb (to study the branches up-close of course, for purely scientific reasons).
- The Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust
- The Oxford Museum of Natural history - with our own tyrannosaurus rex!
- The Ashmolean Museum - classic paintings and art-work with regular workshops for children
- The Museum of Oxford - the history of Oxford
- Sutton Courtenay Environmental Education Centre - a good place for a picnic and the study of nature. You may even run into Steve Backshall who is one of its sponsors!
- The Earth Trust - beautiful walks and plenty of sheep
- ATOM- the annual Abingdon science fair for schools
- Rutherford Appleton Laboratory does regular public events, like stargazing