- Frequently Asked Questions
- General information
- Reception 2017
- Reception 2018
- Primary in-year (all other year groups)
- Secondary in-year
- Further information
- Add your name to our mailing list
Europa School UK is part of Oxfordshire County Council's admissions round for 2017 and for subsequent years
Please give the name of your child and his/her date of birth and current class when e-mailing us.
We admit 84 pupils per year for three classes in Reception. One learning through French and English, the second through German and English and since this year through Spanish and English (for September 2017 there is only Spanish for Reception and Year 1, and year 2 not for the higher classes, this will grow with one year group each year). For secondary, please scroll down.
Fundraising event - help us raise money for new science labs
Before you apply, we request that you consider very carefully the long-term, whole-family commitment involved. We encourage you to look closely at our curriculum and find out more about becoming bilingual. Learning in two languages is a wonderful opportunity but it will be hard work and needs your full commitment.
This summer the admin staff is very busy preparing for the opening of the full secondary next year, and we are unable to organise individual visits. The day open days will be published here the beginning of September.
Children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 will be starting reception from September 2017.
- October 2016 - online applications open
- 15 January 2017 - Deadline for on-time applications
- 18 April 2017 - Offer of school places sent by second class post and email
- The school will send those offered a place an e-mail asking for 1st and 2nd language preference
- Before the 4th of May - the school will inform you which language your child has been assigned to.
- 5 May 2017 - Deadline for accepting or declining school places, and deadline for receipt of late application forms, continued interest list forms and changes of preference
- 12 June 2017 - Second allocation round
- 30 June 2017: Deadline for accepting or declining school places, and deadline for receipt of late application forms, continued interest list forms and changes of preference (for the second allocation round)
- September 2017 - start of the school year
We have places available in primary Year 6 in the German class.
Please fill in an application form on the website of the county council to add your child's name to the waiting list: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/transferring-or-moving-different-school and add your name to our mailing list so we can get quickly in touch about the language if an offer can be made.
The county council is very busy at the moment so you may have to be patient to receive a response to your application.
If you would like to apply for a place, the process is handled by Oxfordshire County Council. Details are available at www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/transferring-or-moving-different-school. Those moving into the area from elsewhere in the UK or from abroad may need our extra guidance with the procedure. Please contact us by e-mail if you have any questions that we may be able to assist you with.
If you apply for the school and are initially unsuccessful, you may request that the county council holds your details on a continued interest list and we would then inform you if a place becomes available for your child. Please remember to apply for each subsequent school year around June of each year. https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/transferring-or-moving-different-school
Science, English and Philosophy will be taught in English. History and Geography in the second language (French or German in 2017). Another language will be compulory, but taught as a second language.
- We still have some places available in Year 8 and Year 11 for September 2017, please follow the link below to apply. For applications for the 6th form, please contact the school directly. There are places, but there are some entry requirements.
Applications for secondary, including Yr7 in September 2017 will need to be submitted as an in-year transfer https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/transferring-or-moving-different-school
Please read this document that is provided by the government and gives a short explanation on the European Schools and the European Baccalaureate from a British perspective.
Applications can usually be submitted from around October of the year before, so around October 2017 on the website of the county council. https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/admissions-infant-and-primary-schools
We will organise a number of open days in the Autumn term and publish these the beginning of September on our website.
Enquiries: The Europa School UK is its own admissions authority.To confirm whether your child is on our continued interest list or to discuss the prospects of obtaining a place, please contact the school and not Oxfordshire County Council. Please mention in your e-mail the name of your child or names of your children and their dates of births.
More information: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/schoolappeals
If your school place application is not successful, you will be able to appeal. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to appeal by post, please write to:
Education Appeals Law and Governance
Oxfordshire County Council
Please read our appeals timetable for more information.
The nodal points referred to in over-subscription criterion D are marked approximately on the map below. Please node that the yellow point near Reading will no longer be applicable from 2018 onwards.
Should you have any questions that are not covered by the documents, please do email us on email@example.com.