After school activities
After School Activities
Even after school hours, our site is quite a vibrant place. Not only can you see some teachers and administrative staff often around, there are also plenty of activities.
All days: the independent on-site Culham After School Club, provides for all ages after-school fun and care until 18.00, in so far as space allows. Please contact Mrs Ruth Mullen for more information. She also runs holiday clubs for the weeks that our school's holidays do not coincide with the rest of Oxfordshire, and can provide for teacher training days if there is sufficient interest.
Please read our After school club protocol carefully, if you decide to enrol your child.
Subscriptions for music lessons will be handled by the County Council Music service. Please sign up here: https://m.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/learning-instrument NB: any children below Year 4 signed up for music lessons during school hours, will need to be brought to the lesson and picked up from the lesson by the parents. All children year 4 and older will be expected to make their own way. Year 3 already has violin lessons during school hours, as well as swimming lessons and the school does not want the pupils to have additional activities during school time, so please do not sign them up for the lessons during school time.
All other activities
Courses start the second week of term (the week of the 11th), unless otherwise specified in teh overview downloadable just above.
Courses will only run if there is a minumum of students signed up. The exact number depends on the club in question.
Please contact Mrs Hanne Starling at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
Parents can use the schoolbase portal to sign up for activities: https://mis.europaschooluk.org To pay, there are a number of options:
- hand in a cheque in a clearly named envelope with "Activity, name pupil, date" payable to Europa School UK
- the school is signed up for tax free childcare (for children up to 11 years old): https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
- We are signed up for childcare vouchers:
- by bank transfer:
Sort Code: 20-01-09
Account Number: 83331849
Ref: name pupil, activity
PS: We will use a different account for school trips and meals.
On the first day of school Mrs Hanne Starling will be available for any queries in room 91 in the afternoon.
Times: 15.45 -16.45 unless specified
- Karate - Prim. Y2-6 & S1
- Drama (English) - Prim. Y3-5
- French - Mixed abilties. S1-S3
- Volleyball S5-7 17.00 -18.10
- Pottery - Prim. Y2-6
- Homework club (yr 3-6) (not first and last week of term).
- Arabic Prim. Yr 1-3
- Football girls - Secondary girls
- Polish - Prim. Y2-5
- Basketball Boys S1-4 16.00-17.10
- Basketball Girls S5-7 17.20-18.30
- Pottery - S1-5 13.30-15.30 (2 hours)
- Chess beginners 13.30 - 14.30 (S1-S5)* (NB later start)
- Chess advanced 14.30 -15.30 (S1-S5)* (NB later start)
- Swim workout in the White horse centre 14.00 - 15.00 (departure by bus around 13.25 from school, return to school around 15.35 by bus) - S1-5
- Table Tennis 13.30 - 15.30 S2-4 (Autumn term only, Rugby in Spring term).
- Volleyball S1-4 mixed 13.20-14.30
- Volleyball S5-7 mixed
- Theatre skills and performance - 13.30 -15.30 S3-5, (inscriptions for half a year until Feb half term).
- Italian advanced-mixed abilities 14.30-15.30 S1-S4 via consulate
* Chess: If insufficient interest, the 2 groups may be combined to 13.30 - 14.30
- Italian - mixed abilities Prim. Y1-3
- Pottery Prim. Y2-6
- Homework club (Prim. Y3-6) (not first and last week of term).
- Art&Craft/Cookery in French (After school club activity) - Yr1-6
- Softball Prim. Y2-6
- Italian for Italian speakers (via consulate)
- Drama (english) Prim. 6 & S1-2 16.00 - 18.00 until february half term.
- Arabic Prim. Y4-6
- Basketball Girls S1-4 16.00-15.10
- Basketball boys S5-7 17.20-18.30
- Italian for Beginners (Prim. Y4-6)
- Badminton S3-7 16.00-17.30
- Football in Oxford (Europa Titans):
- Mini Titans (yr 1 to yr 3) - 5pm to 6pm
- U11/U12 - 6pm to 7pm, The U10/U11 team plays matches on Sundays
If children are interested in organised football training at weekends, Europa Titans are always looking for new members. Age range flexible depending on number interested (e.g. it would be difficult for a single year 1 pupil).
- Football Prim. Y1-6 & S1-3 10.00-11.30
- Basketball Prim. Y2-4 10.00-11.00 (beginners/improvers)
- Basketball Prim. Y5-6 & S1-3 11.00 - 12.30 (advanced)
- Coding club - Prim. Y5-6 & S1-2 14.00-15.30 (pupils that attended last year can continue if they are in year 4) (NB - starts 23rd)