This section provides practical information for our parents. Please read our parent handbook for more information.
Theatre in Education Workshops from PERFORM – September 2017
On Wednesday 20th September, all classes from Reception, Years 1,2 and 3 will be taking part in Perform's Under the Sea fun and lively drama workshops.
Each workshop is led by an experienced DBS checked actor who plays the role of the adventurous deep sea diver. They'll use story-telling, role-play, song and movement to take the children on an exciting underwater mission to rescue The Lost Pearl of the Ocean.
On their travels they'll meet Septimus the Octopus, the Smelly-Fish-Jellyfish and learn about a whole host of sea creatures. It's an educational adventure sure to both enthral and inspire the children.
The workshops are 25-minutes long and each one is specially tailored to suit the ages and needs of the class. As well as introducing the children to the joy of live improvised performance, the educational aims of the workshops are to:
- Learn about the world's different oceans and the sea creatures that inhabit them.
- Involve the children in an exciting and interactive theatrical experience.
- Enhance vocal projection and listening skills through rhyme and poetry.
- Promote fitness and movement by dancing The Fishy Funk dance.
Please download the Free schoolbase app from the Apple appstore or Android Play store. Our school code is: 7587, your username will usually be your e-mail address, and the password has been sent to you by the school, it is the same for the browser version. If you can't find it, please contact the school.
Please log into the parent portal for events.
* As communicated to the parents in a letter sent home in the bookbag of the children, Hotmail e-mail addresses often fail to accept school e-mails. Please provide us with another e-mail address if you find this to be the case.*
You can use the following Ical link to import the school calendar into yours if your calendar allows you to (please check the instructions of your particular e-mail provider). Note that it can take up to 24 hours for events to appear when first importing the calendar:
- Fundraising event - help us raise money for new science labs
- We have published the calendar for 2017-18
- Consider giving your opinion on the parent view site of Ofsted
- Lost property is open on Tuesday afternoons, please come and collect items!
- Buy labels to support the volunteering lost property team: https://www.stikins.co.uk/?PARTNER=35674
You can find the dates for schooltrips in your SchoolBase calendar.